Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 19 Update:

This has been a tough week. Like I posted I was redoing a dresser for the baby's nursery. Unfortunately some bad advice from a Lowe's worked ruined all the hard work I put into it. He gave me a polyurethane to "seal" my dresser. Too bad that "sealer" ended up yellowing the dresser and even bead up and dripped off some parts. It was horrible. All that hard work out the window. I wanted to cry. I got my money back for the polyurethane and decided to just avoid the dresser for a while. A few days later I took a deep breath and started sanding. We reprimed and repainted the whole thing. I'm not thrilled with the outcome, you can still see where the poly ruined some of it. I will for sure post a picture once all the drawers are in.

So to help me get out of my cranky funk, we decided to completely clear out the office to turn it into the nursery! That took some work! It was my sewing room, and I'm a pretty messy person, so it was quite the task cleaning it all. But we got it done and moved the crib, chair, and some other small things into the room. Next up to get paint samples and figure out what color to paint!


Week 19: I'm feeling pretty good! My back has been sore, but it's not horrible yet. I'm starting to feel like everything I eat is just sticking to my stomach now. Jared got to feel the baby kick a couple weeks ago, but it doesn't happen very often because every time he puts his hand on my stomach the baby stops! I have my big 20 week ultrasound next week, and I'm hoping they still say it's a boy. I'm looking forward to that, and I'm also looking forward to flying in and visiting my family!

This is me at 18 weeks! I don't have one from this week, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment