Saturday, August 2, 2014

Beyond Blessed

As a Christian I believe God provides for our needs. Sometimes I have a hard time realizing he provides even for the littlest things that seem pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. But after this weekend I must say, he does take care of even the minor things!

Friday afternoon, Jared and I decided to go to Ikea. We wanted to shop around and also look at the crib I picked out online to see if I really liked it. I LOVED the crib! It was so perfect. It was white like I wanted, simple, and in the budget! $99!! Plus the $50 crib mattress, so altogether that was a bargain! I checked the tagged and it was out of stock. I wasn't worried, there was a store up near LA, I was sure they would have it.

We got home and I got online to check if the LA store had the crib. Nope, sold out. I started to panic a little when a lovely little pop up said I could just order it online! Perfect! So I did, and then another pop up, "Sorry but the item in your cart is sold out and unavailable." NO!!! I started checking all the stores for availability, nothing! This crib was sold out! I was so upset, then I realized I was being ridiculous, they had the same crib but in a natural wood color, getting a white crib wasn't a big deal. It was definitely a WANT and not a NEED. I NEED a crib, I just WANTED a white crib.

Saturday morning I was feeling bummed but realized, that having a pinterest perfect nursery wasn't all that important. I wanted a healthy baby, and it would be okay if he had a different color crib. I decided to just hop on Craig's List to check there just in case. I had been checking for the past few months with no luck. I scrolled, and scrolled, and scrolled some more. Suddenly I saw it! The exact white crib I wanted for $80! I text the lady as fast as I could to check if she still had it, and she did!!

We went over to her house to check it out. I kid you not, that crib was in mint condition! The family had only used it a couple times for when friends were visiting. She was so nice she sold me not only the crib, but the mattress, mattress protector, mattress pad, a changing pad, and several sets of sheets, all for $80!!

Can you believe that?? If that crib had been available at Ikea, I would have gone and spent $150 on just a crib and mattress! But I got all of that and way more for HALF the cost! So part of me doubted God really cared what type of crib I got, but I honestly think he provided this crib for us! It might seem silly, but that's what I believe!

The crib has been approved by Chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment