Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Reflecting on 1 Year

One Year.....It's been nothing short of amazing!

One year ago I went into labor at 2am. Jared was sound asleep and at 3am I woke hime up because I needed help timing my contractions. At 4am we drove to the hospital where they told me to wait in an exam room. After waiting for a while and no one coming into the room to talk to us, Jared went to the front desk only to find out they had forgotten I was in that room waiting. So a nurse came in, told me I was 6cm dilated and to head over to a labor and delivery room. My water broke and the fun began! Labor was tough, but that wasn't much of a surprise. Finally they let me push. Jack's heart rate would drop with each contraction, I was on oxygen, and wasn't sure how much longer I could go, but finally I got to meet my baby boy at 8am! I was so proud of myself for reaching my goal of having an all natural birth. I was also so proud of Jared for how amazing and supportive he was during my labor. A few minutes later I blacked out and I really don't remember much. But I'm thankfully to my wonderful nurse who really stuck right by me and assured me that everything was okay. After the whole black out incident, they had to monitor me in my room around the clock, plus they had to do checkups on Jack. So that basically meant 0 sleep. I was so ready to get home!

My mom flew in the day after he was born, and between her and Jared I had all the help I needed! They were amazing! I think I asked her about 1 million questions while she was there, and then 2 million after she left! My family was so sweet and flew all the way to us to meet Jack.

In the past year there have been so many challenges. But no matter what I have loved EVERY second of being a mom.

Now my tiny 6lb baby is a toddler. He is always getting into something and he is best buds with our dog. He can say mama and dada. He can give kisses, but it's a gamble, because sometimes he will try to bite your nose instead. He is still the most happy, smily, silly boy I know! God has truly blessed us with such a sweet baby boy and we thank Him everyday for this blessing.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment